Saturday, June 02, 2007

Need donation

Have you heard lately on TV the controversial quiz show in Netherlands about Organs donation which at first made Dutch people who watched get angry reaction? I don't know if in other continents have seen this news too but I reckon most people in Europe have seen on their local news. I knew now that Swiss and Austria have opposite system of organs donation.In Germany who wants to give their organs as donation will carry a special ID card and that's opposite in Swiss and Austria.Hope I was correct about this information regarded what I saw on news.
Well,since I can't find any information about this "Guy" statue,I think he needs organs donation too ;o) or someone (a statue) out there needs organs donation? Here i found one ear,two hands and two legs ready for donate ;o) but I don't know if he is willing to donate,I didn't see any specific ID card.Please,don't get angry to me caused I just need to post this funny statue and write something and nothing bad ever cross on my mind ;o)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny.

It is a long way from being human looking. I think it must be to portray that government is listening.

We have donor cards we carry i this country. If we are killed in an accident and we have this card, then when the brain activity stops, our parts can be taken out and used by other people.

-------

Today, I published a nest photograph and some details about its construction; and a link to some dead birds with an explanation. Oh; and thanks for coming to my blog and leaving comments. I do appreciate it.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo
My Photography

Z said...

Abe has a good point.

I was going to ask whether YOU were all ears, ready to listen to us?!

Thanks for making me smile :-)

JM Vigil said...

The statue can have many meanings, depends on the individual person. Could be "I'm listening", or "I'm all ears", as in a friendly way. Some will see this as Big Brother "listening". What do the hands mean, are they up for a fight, are they holding something. Is the art work saying to "listen before you fight". Sometimes it's not important to find the true meaning, what's important is to "think".

I had read that the TV show was a hoax. But somehow it did not really surprise me, and that is sad part. Your text made me laugh and think, well done.

lv2scpbk said...

Yes, this statue is strange but I like Abrahams view.

Dsole said...

oh what a great sculpture!! it's very powerful! and it's in the middle of the street like that?
weird place...

Martel said...

Really surprising, I do not imagine that in my small city

This Weekend, I propose on my photo blog on Martel. Before and After.
And amusing, I start with Delfour-Couderc drapery, it was the house of the late arrears Grandparent of Olivier (DP Evry)
(A friend, it is him which me advises to make a blog)
My blog photographs on the town of Martel

isa said...

We could never be angry with the Beetle ;-)

Nabeel said...

cooooooool .. what a great sculpture .. creative too .. :) we don't have such cool sculptures here :(

Beetle said...

Thanks guys you all like my ear,I meant my photo ;o)

You were RIGHT Abe,the government listen but only with one ear ;o)

Nathalie H.D. said...

Yes the story about the fake reality show in the Netherlands appeared here too. I hope it gets people to realise how much fiction the organisers of these reality shows really use. It would be nice if viewers were a little bit more critical about what they are fed on TV!!!!
Good humour about this strange statue, well done!

Susan said...

Hi - I linked over to you from Inspired. Hope you don't mind. What an interesting (?) statue. I love the night street scene. Hope you'll drop by my site and sign my Guest Book.
Susan

JM Vigil said...

I read more on the fake show. Turns out the produces and contestants were in it together to "pressure the government into reforming its organ donation laws and raise public awareness of the need for organs". More here.